Weightloss Wednesday – Slimming World update

Slimming World Crab spaghetti

Not so long ago I shared with you all that I joined Slimming World in January to lose weight and improve my self-esteem. Since writing that post, I have been trying my hardest to reach my next weightloss milestone 2.5 stone.

It has been quite up and down for the last few weeks and I feel like 95% of the time I was on plan and the other 5% I was barely off plan. So just a couple of syns over rather than a full on chocolate/crisp/burger binge! However the scales would say just -1lb or worse +1/2lb so I’ve been feeling a bit demotivated.

So last week I decided to draw a line and put everything behind me. I looked up recipe ideas, stocked the fridge full of healthy food and followed lots of Slimming World accounts on Instagram for inspiration. With Ben being away, I was able to eat exactly what I wanted, making it easier to stay on plan.

Slimming World Prawn Cocktail

I weighed in on Monday, and the verdict is -3lbs and I am so pleased I’m making real progress again! As well as losing another 3lbs I finally achieved my 2.5 stone award. To celebrate I treated myself to a new summer dress that is two whole sizes smaller than I was when I first began my weightloss journey. It’s moments like that when I really realise just how far I’ve come.

Slimming World Wrapless Fajitas

It just goes to show that sometimes you need to draw a line and start again to maximise the weightloss. If you want something don’t give up because a bit of hard work will get you closer to your goal.

I am thinking of making Weightloss Wednesday a regular feature, maybe twice a month though as I don’t want to get boring! But I’d love to share some of my favourite healthy recipes, so not just details of my progress.

Let me know if you want ideas on how to make your favourite meals healthier?